- ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 has been offically released today! In this new standard there are several new tests as well as updates on the present ones. I just want to bullet point the more important ones here.
- This past month we have had the pleasure of testing a product outside of the furniture industry. For those of you who know us, you know we are extremely dedicated to testing furniture, so anything else we test is news.
- A standard was reaffirmed for the second time in BIFMA's history. ANSI/SOHO S6.5-2008 for Small Office/Home Office Furniture was reaffirmed this month and released as ANSI/SOHO S6.5-2008 (R2013). The reaffirmation process precludes any significant changes to tests and acceptance levels.
- A standard was reaffirmed for the first time in the history of BIFMA! ANSI/BIFMA X5.3-2007 for Vertical Files was reaffirmed in 2012 and released as ANSI/BIFMA X5.3-2007 (R2012). The reaffirmation process precludes any significant changes to tests and acceptance levels.
- The 2012 version of BIFMA X5.4 for Lounge and Public Seating has been released and includes adjustments to several tests that account for a heavier population. Like the X5.1 standard for General Purpose Office Chairs, BIFMA X5.4-2012 references the most current CEASAR anthropometric 2002 report and establishes the 95th percentile male weight of 253-lbs.
- After 8 years, ANSI/BIFMA X5.9 was revised and released as the newest standard for Storage Unit Tests. Once again BIFMA has done a good job to ensure tests that are appropriate and repeatable for the furniture industry.