ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 has been offically released today! In this new standard there are several new tests as well as updates on the present ones. I just want to bullet point the more important ones here.
- Tests have been added that are specific to benching systems (section 5.8 and 5.9 and monitor arms (sections 22 – 24)
- Changes in Section 4.3: use two loads for tables greater than 72 inches instead of one, now 4.3 is no longer applicable to Keyboard Tables.
- Section 4.5 no longer applies to screen or storage segments installed between double sided products.
- Section 15 changes: Expanded to include counterbalanced adjustment mechanisms. (was limited to motorized and crank)
- Section 18 changes: Clarified position of attachment device for cycling.
- Changed Wide Pull from 12 inches to 18 inches in Tables 2, 4, and 7 for Attachment Locations.
- New Sections:
- Section 3.10 Temperature and Humidity Considerations
- Section 3.11 Cycle Rates
- Section 3.12 Glass Surfaces
- Section 5.8 Benching systems – Distributed Functional Load and stability
- Section 5.9 Benching systems – Distributed Proof Load
- Section 20 Tilting Top Table – Cycle Test
- Section 21 Tilting Top Table – Latch Strength Test
- Section 22 – 24 Monitor Arm
If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us at 616-928-0791.