As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
UL helps manufacturers understand how products will conform to regulations, meet industry standards, and avoid risk.
Manufacturers face a unique set of market challenges, from complying to regulations, to meeting market expectations, to dealing with a complex supply chain. UL offers a complete range of services to help manufacturers understand more about the products they design and sell. UL’s testing and certification services can help companies save time, money and reputation by spotting problems before they become issues. Engage with UL to evaluate your products with these services:
- Testing & Certification: UL conducts a full range of services, including Mechanical and Durability Testing, Chemical Content and Emissions Testing, Flammability Testing, and Product Safety Certification to UL 962: Safety Standard for Household and Commercial Furniture, UL 1286 for Commercial Furnishings and UL 65 for Wired Displays.
- Audit & Inspection: UL provides production checks before, during and after production (TOP and DUPRO) as well as retail store checks to verify the quality of your raw materials and production, marking and packaging, and product presentation.
- Technical Assistance & Support: UL has a team of experts that can help retailers understand their risks and market requirements, including:
- Evaluating existing testing protocols and developing new protocols.
- GREENGUARD Certification is a health-based certification that demonstrates that products are low-emitting. GREENGUARD Certification was recently named by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as an approved eco-label for government purchasers. Ninety-five perfect of all federal purchasing must be environmentally preferable, and GREENGUARD Certified products help meet that criteria.
If you are unsure of what testing and regulations your products may need to meet, UL’s Global Market Access provides manufacturers with an understanding of the regulatory requirements they must meet enter markets around the world.
By providing you with the appropriate testing, inspection and technical support services throughout your supply chain, UL can help you to minimize the risk of recalls, returns and complaints, protecting your brand and equity.
Telephone: (844) 221-5689
Ensuring Ongoing Compliance:
UL works with manufacturers to verify that ongoing production consistently meets compliance requirements through UL’s follow-up services, which audit component suppliers a minimum of four times per year. Additionally, UL’s recognized component program helps mattress component suppliers demonstrate consistency in the products they provide to customers.