As part of our commitment to your digital security and privacy, UL is transitioning to a new email policy. Please confirm if you wish to continue receiving emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL products and services. Thank you!
UL helps retailers mitigate supply chain risks and launch successful products through quality assurance programs.
UL is a global safety science company with more than a century of expertise in product safety and testing. We provide the knowledge to help retailers navigate growing complexities across the supply chain, from compliance and regulatory issues, to trade challenges and market access.
Retailers face a unique set of market challenges. UL offers a complete range of services to manufacturers, importers, exporters and retailers of furnishings and consumer products to help address these challenges, including:
- Testing & Certification: UL conducts a full range of services, including Mechanical and Durability Testing, Chemical Content and Emissions Testing, Flammability Testing, and Product Safety Certification to UL 962: Safety Standard for Household and Commercial Furniture and UL 65 for wired displays.
- Audit & Inspection: UL provides production checks before, during and after production (TOP and DUPRO) as well as retail store checks to verify the quality of your raw materials and production, marking and packaging, and product presentation.
- Technical Assistance & Support: UL has a team of experts that can help retailers understand their risks and market requirements, including:
- Evaluating existing testing protocols and developing new protocols.
- Responsible Sourcing services that include supply chain monitoring, research and program development, to deliver the intelligence and tools businesses need to activate and advance responsible sourcing practices within the supply chain.
- Global Market Access to provide retailers and manufacturers with an understanding of the regulatory requirements they must meet enter markets around the world.
GREENGUARD Certification was recently named by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as an approved eco-label for government purchasers. Ninety-five perfect of all federal purchasing must be environmentally preferable, and GREENGUARD Certified products help meet that criteria.
By providing you with the appropriate testing, inspection and technical support services throughout your supply chain, UL can help you to minimize the risk of recalls, returns and complaints, protecting your brand and equity.
Telephone: (844) 221-5689
Ensuring Ongoing Compliance:
UL works with manufacturers to verify that ongoing production consistently meets compliance requirements through UL’s follow-up services, which audit component suppliers a minimum of four times per year. Additionally, UL’s recognized component program helps mattress component suppliers demonstrate consistency in the products they provide to customers.