UL helps suppliers to the furniture industry understand meet ODM and retailer product specifications and enter new markets.
Suppliers are under constant pressure to produce innovative new products to ODM and retailer specifications, and meet complex regulations. UL offers a complete range of services to help suppliers meet these specifications quickly and efficiently. UL’s testing and certification services can help companies save time, money and reputation by spotting problems before they become issues. Engage with UL to evaluate your products with these services:
- Testing: UL conducts a full range of services, including Mechanical and Durability Testing, Chemical Content and Emissions Testing and Flammability Testing to help you meet specifications and regulatory requirements. UL is accredited to test to BIFMA and EN standards.
- UL Certification: UL conducts safety evaluations and Certifies finished products to a variety of standards for furnishings. UL can evaluate entire products for Certification or Listing, and evaluate components for Recognized marks.
UL’s Standards for safety evaluations for complete furniture products are:
- UL 962: Safety Standard for Household and Commercial Furniture
- UL 1286 for Office Furnishings
- UL 65 for Wired Cabinets
- GREENGUARD Certification is a health-based certification that demonstrates that products are low-emitting. GREENGUARD Certification was recently named by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as an approved eco-label for government purchasers. Ninety-five perfect of all federal purchasing must be environmentally preferable, and GREENGUARD Certified products help meet that criteria.
If you are unsure of what testing and regulations your products may need to meet, UL’s Global Market Access provides manufacturers with an understanding of the regulatory requirements they must meet enter markets around the world.
By providing you with the appropriate testing, inspection and technical support services throughout your supply chain, UL can help you to minimize the risk of recalls, returns and complaints, protecting your brand and equity.
Telephone: (844) 221-5689
Ensuring Ongoing Compliance:
UL works with manufacturers to verify that ongoing production consistently meets compliance requirements through UL’s follow-up services, which audit component suppliers a minimum of four times per year. Additionally, UL’s recognized component program helps mattress component suppliers demonstrate consistency in the products they provide to customers.