On March 18, 2015, UL will be hosting a meeting of the Office Furnishing Industry, by welcoming both STP 962, the Standards Technical Panel for Household and Commercial Furnishings, and STP 1286, the Standards Technical Panel for Office Furnishings.
The meeting will be held at UL’s Northbrook, Illinois office, just outside of Chicago, located at 333 Pfingsten Road, Northbrook, IL. The meeting is scheduled to run from 8:30AM – 5:00PM.
The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss topics relevant to the furniture industry, and the UL standards for which the STPs are responsible.
The meeting agenda topics are as follows:
1. UL 962 and UL 1286 – Review of Scopes and Products Covered
2. Technology and Products – Future Revisions to the UL Furnishing Standards
3. UL 962 – Spill Test
4. UL 2040 – Flame Testing of Fold-up Roll Away Tables without Electrical Components
5. UL 2040 – Lubrication Intervals During the Endurance Test
6. UL 2040 – Test Parameters for the Bench Strength Test and the Seat Strength Test
For more information regarding the meeting of these STPs, please contact STP Project Manager, Susan Malohn, or the STP Chair, Diana Pappas Jordan, or visit the meeting site on UL’s online Standards Development website (CSDS).