Although many UL product evaluations vary, there is a specific structure that you can count on during a UL Mark Evaluation. The diagram below demonstrates the typical process for obtaining authorization to use the UL Mark.
- Start with UL requirements early in your product development cycle.
- Obtain a copy of the UL standard for safety used to evaluate your product from the UL Standards page.
- Use UL recognized components to reduce required testing.
- Assess your product against UL requirements.
- Provide complete set of product documentation.
- Be aware of shipping requirements that can affect project timeline and costs.
- Let us know upfront where you plan to market your product so we can build a comprehensive test program that provides the most direct, cost-efficient path to global certification.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your project engineer.
Visit UL’s customer resources page for more details and information that can improve your experience through this process. Please give us a call at 1 (844) 221-5689 or email us atFurnitureNA@ul.com if you have questions, we are happy to assist.